For the country's advanced economy
Investors like France. The country is the top recipient of foreign investment in Europe and the second-largest recipient in the world.
A major force in the world economy
- the world leader in luxury goods
- number one in Europe in retailing and agriculture, and number two in the world in both areas
- the world's third most productive country
39 French companies figure among the 500 largest in the world. Among them:
- Agri-food (Danone)
- Fashion, luxury goods, and cosmetics (Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint-Laurent, Chanel, Dior, L'Oréal)
- Automobiles (Peugeot-Citroën, Renault) and tires (Michelin)
- Electronics (Thlès, Thomson)
- Aerospace (Airbus, Dassault)
In the past 5 years, more than a million businesses have been established in France.
Transportation and telecommunications
France's famous TGV is still the world's fastest train, and, since its merger with KLM, Air France is the world's largest airline.
France is the world's most digitized country. Alcatel is the leading carrier of digital information. Orange, France's largest digital carrier, is also the world's fifth largest.