Junior Research Fellowship Program
CALL FOR CANDIDATES
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Tuesday October 25th, 2016
1. Program Overview & Eligibility Requirements
The Junior Research Fellowship Program aims at jumpstarting the career of young Thai researchers by giving them the opportunity to develop promising collaboration with their French counterparts.
This program supports Thai post doctorates, graduated in 2012 or after, who are lecturers or researchers in public or private institutions intending to conduct a research project of two (2) to six (6) months within a French laboratory. All fields of research will be considered and the selection will be made based on the criteria of excellence.
Thai PhD must be completed by February, 2017, before leaving for France.
The fellowship from the French Embassy includes:
- a round trip ticket from Thailand to France,
- a monthly living allowance of 1200€,
- the OFII and visa fees,
- health insurance coverage for the duration of the stay in France.
NB: Neither bench fees nor support for finding housing in France will be provided by the French Embassy. The laboratory or the International Relations Department of the host university should be able to offer assistance on this matter.
2. Selection Process
In order to identify the successful candidates, the selection committee will consider:
§ The scientific and technical quality of the project
§ The methodological rigour of the scientific approach
§ The long term scientific and/or technical benefits
§ The adequacy with the candidate background & knowledge
A specific attention will be given to applicants who have found other sources of funding for their project.
3. Selection Schedule
Deadline for Submission: October 25th, 2016
Results: mid-January 2017
Departures can be scheduled from mid-March 2017
Please note that:
- all projects should be finished by December 31st, 2017
- only selected candidates will be contacted.
4. Documents to be provided:
- The filled and signed application form
- Copy of Passport
- Up-to-date résumé stating the entire curriculum (including list of publications)
- Cover letter explaining motivations and interests in the project
- Copy of academic diplomas
- Detailed description of the research project to be conducted in France
- Letter from the hosting laboratory in France
- Schedule of thesis defence, if PhD is still ongoing when applying
- Academic and/or professional recommendations
- Language proficiency certificates: French (TCF, DELF, DALF, academic degree,…) and/or English (TOEFL, TOEIC, etc.)
- Co-funding commitment letter
Application must be sent by post on a digital support (USB stick or CD-Rom) in a single PDF file to this address:
French Embassy – SCAC/CSU
Attn: Ms. Salisa Limsakul
35 Charoenkrung Rd. Soi 36 (Rue de Brest)
Bangrak, BANGKOK 10500
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Tuesday October 25th, 2016 (date as per postmark)
If you need more information, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com