Franco-Thai Scholarship program 2017
Franco-Thai Scholarship program (French Government grants from the French Embassy in Thailand)
The Franco-Thai Scholarship Program is directed to Thai people under the age of 35 who intend to study in French universities or Higher Education Institutions, at Master’s degree or Ph.D. level
Type of grant
The French government provides 2 types of grants:
- Social Protection Scholarship or Bourse de Couverture Sociale
- Full scholarship
- Social Protection Scholarship gives access to a specific status which enable candidates to benefit from social protection in France and other specific advantages (priority given on accommodation, exemption of tuition fees for some public higher education institutions’ program, ..)
- Full scholarship: In addition to the Social Protection Scholarship, full scholarship includes a monthly allowance to cope with living expenses in France and possibly a plane ticket for a round trip to France
- For Master’s degree, the scholarship will be normally granted for the duration of 10 months (2nd year of Master’s degree). Nevertheless, in some specific cases, the scholarship could be granted for two years for a Master’s degree.
- For PhDs, the scholarship will be granted for a maximum duration of 3 years. However, at the end of each academic year, the recipient will have to justify the progress of his/her project and/or thesis in order to be able to renew his/her grant every year.
Grant funded by the French Government
For Thais undeer the age of 35 studying in all subject of area from Master degree to PhD. The candidate must speak English and/or French.
Excellence of the candidate, quality of the studies project, motivations of the candidate, level of proficiency in foreign languages
Application for the Franco-Thai scholarship program is only online, starting from September. Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of their files. Candidates whose applications have been preselected will be interviewed by the selection committee.